Must See: Ziarat Residency, Apple Farm, and Tourist Traps
|Al-Aziz Runs Comfortable Overnight Coaches Between Karachi and Quetta - Rs. 2,100|
- Ziarat is not only the closest hill station from Karachi (still 850km!) but also among few places in the South Pakistan which does not see tourists as aliens!
- It is one the coldest and driest places in the Subtropical Pakistan and is famous for Juniper Forests, Apple orchards, and Quaid-e-Azam Residency
- Some people club that with the shopping of supposedly smuggled goods from Quetta which in my opinion is no more than a tourist trap
- Usually tourists go to Ziarat in summers to beat the heat, however, we chose this part of the year to see the colors of Autmn which most of the 2 million Karachites are not even aware of!
- Choice of the season also gave us the opportunity to utilize the inventory of warm clothing which usually lies in the attic for years!
- Just to mention, minimum temperature had already plunged well below zero, however, next time, we would visit around January-February to see the snowfall and to recheck our limits!
|Colors of Autumn: Red, Orange, and Yellow|
For a detailed review of Shalimar Hotel Ziarat and PTDC Motel please click here
|Shalimar Hotel Ziarat Survives Even During Harsh Winters|
|An Alley of Shalimar Hotel Ziarat|
|Double Rooms in Shalimar Hotel Ziarat: Rs. 1,200|
|Quaid-e-Azam Residency Ziarat|
|Color of Autumn: Quaid-e-Azam Residency Ziarat|
|Quaid-e-Azam Residency Ziarat Opens 10am - 5pm Execpt for Wednesdays|
|Apple Orchard in Kewaas Valley Ziarat|
|Last of the Trees with Seasonal Apples|
|Apples from Ziarat Attract Good Prices Because of Superior Quality|
|A Couple of Isolated Fruits|
|Another One Hanging Alone|
|Varieties in the Farm|
|The Extra Large Oven Hot Bread with Diameter of More than 12 Inches|
|'Raosh' is a Traditional Mutton Meal Popular in Pustoon Areas|
|Sheep are a Common Sight and are Used for Dried Meat Called Landi|
|A Tractor Trolley Coming Out of Peaceful Ziarat Bazaar|
Quetta to Ziarat: Rs. 520 (4 seats in the hiace - still uncomfortable)
Around Ziarat: Rs. 1500 (private car for half day)
Ziarat to Quetta: Rs. 560 (4 seats in the coaster - comfortable than the hiace)
Quetta to Karachi: Rs. 4,200 (2 seats in coach - very comfortable)
Rikshaw rides: Rs. 800
When the Hotel Manager Zahoor paid Attendant Jamshed - who belonged to Zhob - his meager salary out of my bill, I feel satisfied of being a source of income for a fellow Pakistani who lives a hard life in a far flung area.
Other Useful Links
Accommodation Review: Shalimar Hotel Ziarat and the PTDC Motel
Transportation Reviews: Karachi-Quetta-Ziarat and back
Must See: Ziarat Residency, Apple Farm, and Tourist TrapsMy Pre-Trip Post on Pak Wheels
Lonely Planet List of Hotels in Ziarat